FAB5 Conference Forum

The forum for FAB5 Conference participants!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hello fellow FAB5 participants

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Hello fellow FAB5 participants on Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:03 pm

My name is Sandra Wigmore. I am originally from Toronto, Canada. I was an elementary school teacher in Canada. I have lived in Japan for 6 years.
I taught grade 2 at an international school in Yokohama for 1 year. I now work at a small eikaiwa in Yokohama teaching English to children and adults. 
One of my courses at Teacher`s college in the U.S. was on Brain-based learning. "How the Brain Learns" by David A. Sousa was the text for the course. After attending a TESOL seminar in Tokyo presented by Robert Murphy, I found out about the FAB5 conference and wanted to attend to find out more. 

3 WOW things

1. I went back to school to become a teacher about 20 years after obtaining my first undergraduate degree in science.  

2. My masters research focused on using RPG video games to improve students reading.

3. I have a beautiful 3 year old granddaughter. 

Looking forward to the conference this weekend.  Very Happy

View user profile

2 Re: Hello fellow FAB5 participants on Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:06 am

Admin

Admin
Welcome, Sandra  Very Happy 

Glad to see you here! I'm also happy that you read the Sousa book. He has several versions of that book --did you read the one focused on ELLs? 

Looking forward to seeing you over the weekend.
Robert

View user profile http://fab-efl.com

3 Re: Hello fellow FAB5 participants on Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:15 pm

I haven`t read the one focusing on ELL learners yet.  

I am arriving sometime on Saturday afternoon so it looks like I will miss the Saturday sessions. I am looking forward to participating on Sunday and Monday.

View user profile

4 Re: Hello fellow FAB5 participants on Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:14 pm

Nice to meet you, Sandra!
Which RPGs did you use in your masters research?
See you on Sunday, 
Tom

View user profile

5 Re: Hello fellow FAB5 participants on Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:53 pm

I used Zelda with the Nintendo game system. I was focusing on alternate ways to get boys interested in reading.

View user profile

6 Re: Hello fellow FAB5 participants on Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:26 pm

Sandra, I have a friend who actually made a rpg from scratch and got the students involved in character creation, creating the landscape, and writing the script.

View user profile

7 Re: Hello fellow FAB5 participants on Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:31 pm

Admin

Admin
I have no doubt this area has a huge future in the classroom and language learning at home.

It's all very exciting. Which is the point isn't it?
Robert

View user profile http://fab-efl.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum