FAB5 Conference Forum

The forum for FAB5 Conference participants!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hi everyone at FAB5!

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Hi everyone at FAB5! on Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:39 am

Hi everyone,

My name's Regan Thomson, and I'm an Australian living in Kobe. This is my sixth year of living in Japan, spread out since 2006. I'm going to be doing a poster presentation at this year's FAB, and it's my first ever conference presentation (hence why I'm starting small with just a poster), so the nerves are racking up quite a bit!

My three things...

1. I love snowboarding, and have been lucky enough to board in quite a number of places in Japan and North America (although not Australia!). However, it seems that it doesn't matter which continent I board on, I hurt myself in the process - broken nose and dislocated shoulder in Japan and fractured kneecap in Canada!

2. My brother and I both had the exact same first 4 jobs - McDonalds (same location) in high school and uni, dispatch day-labourer in uni, GEOS Eikaiwa in Japan (I taught kids, he taught adults) and then ESL teacher at the same language school back home in Brisbane. Yes, we are very close...sometimes infuriatingly so!

3. I became interested in NeuroELT thanks to Robert Murphy's presentation back at JALT2012. It was all so interesting, and it just drew me in. I don't have much experience in it all yet, but I'm hoping to learn as I go.

Nice to digitally meet you all!

View user profile

2 Re: Hi everyone at FAB5! on Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:59 am

Admin

Admin
Welcome on board, Regan!

I'm so happy to see how the neuroELT presentations around Japan are influencing people to do their own presentations. This is what it's all about!  Very Happy 

Looking forward to catching up at FAB5.
Robert

View user profile http://fab-efl.com

3 Welcome! on Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:09 pm

Welcome to the FAB-group! They are all very nice and supportive, so you will enjoy your presentation, I guess.

See you soon!

View user profile

4 Re: Hi everyone at FAB5! on Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:22 am

Thanks Robert and Gabriela! Looking forward to meeting you all this weekend and learning more about the brain and ELT!

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum