FAB5 Conference Forum

The forum for FAB5 Conference participants!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Learner Self-Reliance with Peer Derived Assessment (Paul A. R. Rowan)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Admin

Admin
Learner Self-Reliance with Peer Derived Assessment (Paul A. R. Rowan)

View user profile http://fab-efl.com
I hope the presentation on developing peer derived feedback was liked. A lot of interest seemed to be generated and that was awesome. I thank the organizers for giving me the opportunity to speak. I hope the video comes soon.
Paul

View user profile
Paul,

Thank you for your wonderful presentation!
After I came back from FAB conference, I needed to work on students' grades and input all the data from their peer evaluation on their presentation. This was my first time to have my students choose criteria on evaluation and make their own sheet. There are a lot of things I need to review and refine for the next time; such as my instruction, giving them more chances to revise as you mentioned in your presentation, and so on. 
One thing I realized through my attempt this time was;
*Students who received higher mark from their peer on their presentation tend to give lower (or adequate) mark to their peer.
*Students who received lower mark form their peer on their presentation tend to give higher (usually too high, nearly full score!) mark to their peer.
At first I thought the latter ones were not really serious about this peer evaluation process, but then I started to think there must be something about this, not just being まじめ or not. The ones who showed lower performance may not have clear image or vision, or simulation regarding "good presentation". Therefore I thought it implies that fostering vision and critical view is one of the very important factors to raise students' performance.
I would like to think about it more on this :-)
It'll be great if you could let me know what you think about this when you have time!
Well, thank you again for your presentation! 
Wishing you all the best for your completing your Doctoral Dissertation. 

Junko O・MO・TE・DA・NI :-)

View user profile

4 Re: Peer derived feedback on Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:12 pm

Junko,

Thank you for your support and my apologies for the tardiness of my reply. The information that you provide with your attempt to implement a peer derived feedback activity in your classes is most interesting and your experiences mirror my own experiences when I was first attempting this activity. Thankfully, the learning curve is not so steep. While I have been really busy with the end of the semester, etc. I have been working on building a demonstration website with an instructional video to support the activity. No promise, but I hope to have it up and running by the end of August or early in September. Once I have it up, I will post the link here.

Paul

View user profile
Paul,

Thank you for your reply!

>I have been working on building a demonstration website with an instructional video to support the activity.

Wow! It'll be great!!!!! I'm really looking forward to this website! 
Take care and have a good summer!

Best,

Junko

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum